Subliminal audio is a red-hot topic at the minute, it can get pretty controversial too. Visit a few different subliminal messaging websites and you will be able to read a range of different opinions, and myths about how it can be used, but here are my seven simple truths about subliminal messages:
1. It’s Popular with Celebs!
- More and more subliminal stimuli is coming into the mainstream, and with high profile people like this coming out and admitting to the use of them it is now much more accepted as a form of personal development. It is not only Anthony Robbins who is advising of the power of subliminal messaging, but golfer Tiger Woods, and Stephen Spielberg have admitted to using it.
2. It’s Not Illegal
- It is not “illegal” as claimed by some, but simply banned from use within advertising due to its unfair potential to manipulate consumers. It can be legally used to help support your own goals (see our article: what are subliminal messages for a more detailed explanation).
3. It IS Used in Ads
- Reputable companies such as Coca Cola, & McDonald’s have always been accused of utilizing subliminal messages in their marketing. Coca cola for using subliminal photographs of nude females within their branding, and McDonald’s for showing an advert for a split second frame on the “Food Network” Television channel (amongst some other accusations).
4. You May Have Been Manipulated by George Bush
- In the course of his election campaigns and speeches George Bush seemed to be applying a variety of subliminal techniques. This ranged from using subliminal audio as well as subliminal “triggers” to inserting subliminal messages straight into marketing videos.
5. There Is a Device Based on Subliminal Messaging
- Research into subliminal messaging ended in research into and development of the “tachistoscope”. This is a military tool used to coach troops to identify enemy aircraft, and has since been adapted to aid the development of speed reading abilities. It works in the same was as subliminal image / video clip applications as it flashes photos and short sentences for just less than 1/10th of a second.
6. Subliminal Messages Aren’t a Magic Wand
- If you were to believe everything you saw on television shows or in movies you may think that you will achieve an instantaneous / overnight final result using subliminal messaging. Sadly this isn’t possible. For whatever issue you need to fix, it will take hard work, and subliminal messages are only a useful aid.
7. It’s Widely Used by the Self Help Experts
- Subliminal messaging is now a lot more extensively recognized by top self help experts offering subliminals, and even mainstream hypnotists like Paul McKenna offering subliminal audio as part of their product range. Because of this, more and more people are using them as a part of their self improvement efforts.
Navigation: Home > Subliminal Messages and the Law of Attraction > Seven Facts Concerning Subliminal Audio