Dr. Joe Vitale, “the Buddha of the Internet” as they call him because of his combination of spirituality and marketing brilliance, is the author of numerous books, but he’s probably best known for his appearance in the 2006 documentary about the Law of attraction, The Secret. He made his name through his marketing books and consulting, and his best known Law of attraction book is The Attractor Factor. Joe Vitale is also a hypnotherapist and a musician with four albums to his credit.
Joseph Joe Vitale was born on December 29, 1952 in Niles, Ohio. In an online interview he talks about his childhood in Ohio. His brother worked on the railroad, and Joe was building railroad tracks and maintaining them together with his brother every weekend, every summer. He hated that. He wanted to become an author, to write “some lighthearted type of work and novels”.
As a young man he moved to Texas, mostly due to the unemployment in Ohio. In Dallas, he was homeless for a while, sleeping on the steps of a post office. Then he moved to Houston, where he lived in a poverty for a long time. He says: ” I had a poverty mindset; it was very difficult for me to break from it.” He got married, but they continued to struggle, together: Joe was working as a taxi driver, a reporter, a laborer. He recalls that he was crying because he was so frustrated by his life and his experiences.
He finally ended up being hired by Exxon, where he stayed for some five years. During that time he published his first book, Zen and the Art of Writing, which was a great learning experience for him: he saw that “publishers did not know how to publish books. They know how to print books”, so he decided to take the promotion of his book into his own hands, and became a student of copywriting and marketing and publicity; as he says, he was his own first client.
As his book became successful, he started to hear from other authors, asking him how he does it. He would explain it to them, for free at first, but soon someone told him that he could charge an hourly rate for doing that, so he started charging $25/hour. He still struggled, but he started to get his name known in Houston, he was out of poverty and he wasn’t homeless.
It was with the appearance of the Internet that his business really took off. He started as an Internet skeptic back in the 1990s, but he soon started to make connections and to put online what he was doing in Houston. Mark Joyner, an Internet marketer, made him turn Hypnotic Writing into an e-book, made a website for it and put it up for sale for $29,95. He sold 600 copies over night, so Joe did the math: he was stunned by the power of this new marketing channel.
Since then, Joe Vitale has accumulated a massive knowledge on Internet marketing, and has been using his tried and true techniques for success for over 25 years. Working with the Law of Attraction (LOA), Vitale has created many products to further spiritual growth of others who are yet to learn how to apply the principles of the Law of Attraction to get what they want in their life.
Joe Vitale has many interests. Apart from being a successful Internet marketer, consultant, master hypnotist, Law of Attraction teacher, he is also a musician, and a collector of rare books. In this interview he gave for the Huffington Post, Joe Vitale talks about his books collection that include a rare signed copy of Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
Today he’s the CEO of Hypnotic Marketing, Inc and a renowned self-help guru.
Teachings and Philosophy
Joe Vitale’s general philosophy is that everybody wants to be happy, to be successful; we want to be at peace, and whatever we want in life, we want it because we believe that it will help us to be at peace. But what many people fail to understand is that the peace is right now, in this moment.
For example, even if you’re not so happy with your current situation, you’re probably living like a king compared to people in 3rd world countries. So you can accept your current situation as a place of safety and security, and start manifesting the changes you want to see from that peaceful place. That’s one of the ways to overcome the negative beliefs and the feeling of low self-worth, by using the power of now to our advantage.
The main idea in Vitale’s teaching is believing in what you’re saying and doing. If you believe in your goals, they will materialize, whether your goals are about money, health or better relationship. But also, he accentuates that satisfaction and fulfillment in life is acquired by working persistently for it:
Take action. If something doesn’t work, just do the next action. Just learn from it and keep going (…) Just keep playing, it’s not even work, it’s fun!
When he talks about attracting money, he explains how you can have everything you want as long as you don’t need it, as you are not attached to it. Here’s how he does it:
I don’t really pursue money, I pursue dreams. I pursue my passion. As a result, I often receive money, and this is one of the secrets to making money anywhere.
- Zen and The Art of Writing: A New Approach to Creative Expression
- The A.M.A. Complete Guide to Small Business Advertising
- The Seven Lost Secrets of Success: Million Dollar Ideas of Bruce Barton, America’s Forgotten Genius
- There’s a Customer Born Every Minute: P.T. Barnum’s Secrets to Business Success
- Cyber Writing: How to Promote Your Product or Service Online (Without Being Flamed)
- Spiritual Marketing: A Powerful 5-Step Formula for Easily Creating Wealth from the Inside Out
- Adventures Within: Confessions of an Inner-World Journalist
- The Greatest Money-Making Secret in History!
- At Your Command: The Famous Mystic’s Universal Recipe for Guaranteed Success in Any Situation
- The E-Code: 32 Internet Superstars Reveal 47 Ways to Make Money Online Almost Instantly
- How to Attain Your Desires by Letting Your Subconscious Mind Work for You
- How to Attain Your Desires, Volume 2:How to Live Life And Love It
- The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or Anything Else) from the Inside Out
- Life’s Missing Instruction Manual: The Guidebook You Should Have Been Given at Birth
- There’s A Customer Born Every Minute
- The Successful Coach: Insider Secrets to Becoming a Top Coach
- Meet and Grow Rich: How to Easily Create and Operate Your Own “Mastermind” Group for Health, Wealth, and More
- Buying Trances: A New Psychology of Sales and Marketing
- Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words
- Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
- The Key: The Missing Secret for Attracting Anything You Want
- Your Internet Cash Machine: The Insiders Guide to Making Big Money, Fast!
- Inspired Marketing!: The Astonishing Fun New Way to Create More Profits for Your Business by Following Your Heart
- Expect Miracles
- The Attractor Factor: Second Edition 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth
- Attract Money Now
- The Awakening Course: The Secret to Solving All Problems
- 1,800 Copywriting, Marketing, Conversion Tips: The Hidden Secret of Making Sales
- Instant Manifestation: The Real Secret to Attracting What You Want Right Now
It’s really important that you feel good. Because this feeling good is what goes out as a signal into the universe and starts to attract more of itself to you. So the more you can feel good, the more you will attract the things that help you feel good and that will keep bringing you up higher and higher.
Finally, what I really want is to be happy in this moment, where the magic and miracles happen. Stay in the moment and all gifts are added as you breathe and take inspired action.
So you want to become aware of your thoughts, you want to choose your thoughts carefully and you want to have fun with this, because you are the masterpiece of your own life. You are the Michelangelo of your own life. The David that you are sculpting is you. And you do it with your thoughts.
Here’s a video of Dr. Joe Vitale explaining the Law of attraction:
- Joe Vitale’s official website is www.mrfire.com.
Navigation: Home > Law of Attraction Authors > Joe Vitale