Visualizing a perfect holiday can be a great stress-relief therapy, even if you aren’t doing it for manifestation purposes 🙂 However, if you’re tired of missing holidays for the past few years and you feel that you just need to take one soon, then manifesting it is a good idea. Even if right now it doesn’t look like you’ll be able to take a few weeks off at your job, or to afford it – don’t worry about that now. Just visualize your dream holiday.
If you haven’t done so yet, we recommend that before you start with this visualization, you read our article How to visualize and other articles listed in the core section about visualization and law of attraction to get a better idea on why these steps are important for successful visualizing.
The goal of this visualization exercise is to make you imagine the feeling that you’re on the holiday that you’re truly enjoying. Of course, this is just an example – you can visualize any other scenario.
- Specify your goal: be exact about what would make you happy – a few days, or a few weeks off, somewhere at the beach, or some place quiet. Don’t think about whether it’s possible, just define what kind of holiday you’d like.
- Choose at least one image to keep in your mind before you start visualizing: this should be an image of you on holiday, one scene that represents to you what that holiday is all about (relaxation, family time, some time alone). For the purpose of this exercise, let’s pretend that your perfect holiday is on a mountain, and the scene that represents it is the one of you and your wife and kids skiing and doing all the funny things that you can do in the snow.
- Set a schedule and find a quiet place for your visualization. Define the time when you plan to visualize (20-30 minutes) and find a place where you won’t be disturbed.
Steps to visualizing your dream holiday
- Relax. Clear your mind. Sit in a relaxed position, close your eyes, take deep breaths, and focus on your breathing. Slowly count to ten.
- Break visualization down into senses. Start imagining the scene around you, with much detail: how deep is the snow; what are your kids wearing; how many other people are there; look at the mountain tops – do you see them clearly, or is the mist hiding them from view? What sounds do you hear – are your kids laughing, is your wife trying to tell you something, listen to the wind. Now introduce the smell – smell the fresh air and the trees. Taste the snow – it’s cold, and it’s melting in your mouth.
- Third person view. Look at you and your family skiing, one of your kids is faster than the other, you’re teaching them how to stand properly. Look at this scene from the outside, see what you’re doing, how your family is happy.
- First person view. Let the feelings of joy and relaxation take you over; you needed a moment like this one, you’ve been working hard and you’ve deserved to just relax and enjoy the happiness of your family. You’re grateful for this holiday, for this precise moment. Keep this image and this feeling for a few minutes.
- Wrap it up. You can now let the image slowly disappear, your visualization was successful.
Feeling better now, right? 🙂 Do this every day, with your own scenario – soon you’ll see that you’re doing everything you can to make this holiday true.
Navigation: Home > Visualization and the Law of Attraction > Dream Holiday Visualization