Visualization of yourself being happy is somewhat different than visualizations of more physical things (like your dream home, or money visualization, for example). It’s used, of course, to manifest happiness in your life, but it’s a fantastic exercise for learning how to attract that feeling even in the stressful situations, when you’re not feeling very satisfied with yourself or with your circumstances (you can read about how to “anchor” your feeling or state of mind in order to bring it back in whatever situation you need it).
Feeling happy will always help you in manifesting, because it’s a positive emotion that adds to the strength of your thoughts, and helps relieving them of any negative connotation that may be hiding somewhere in your subconscious. That’s why you can practice visualizing yourself being happy every time you’re about to do some other visualization, as a preparation stage.
If you haven’t done so yet, we recommend that before you start with this visualization, you read our article How to visualize and other articles listed in the core section about visualization and law of attraction to get a better idea on why these steps are important for successful visualizing.
The goal of this exercise is to make you feel the state of happiness, and to master this visualization so that you can evoke the feeling every time you feel the need for it.
- Specify your goal: you want to visualize yourself feeling happy
- Choose at least one image to keep in your mind before you start visualizing: this is very personal, so you’ll have to pick an image that you know makes you happy. The best way to do that is to find a memory of a time or situation where you were feeling truly happy, and to revive that moment (you surely have at least one moment of pure happiness in your life, even if you can’t remember what it felt like – you know that in that moment, you were happy).
- Set a schedule and find a quiet place for your visualization. You should practice this every day until you can make the visualization clear and strong, so it’s best to do it every day for several days, at the exact time (before bedtime, for example).
Steps to being happy visualization
- Relax. Clear your mind. Sit in a relaxed position, close your eyes, take deep breaths, and focus on your breathing. Slowly count to ten.
- Break visualization down into senses. To have a vivid visualization, it’s important to include all of your senses to it. Start with the sight – slowly build the image of that moment in your past when you were feeling happy: what did you see around you, what were the colors, the light? Were there other people with you? Where were you? Include as many details as possible, everything you can remember. Then move on to the sounds – were you listening to some music, was someone saying something, was there silence? Slowly add the rest of the senses – what did you feel under your fingers, or if you were lying down, feel the surface beneath you; what smells could you feel, was there something to taste? Try to remember all these sensations, as they’ll add reality to your visualization.
- Third person view: now remember what was going on around you, like you’re watching a movie: did you move across the room to do something – what was it? Did someone else do something, or say something – was that what made you feel happy? Play the scene as it happened (or as you remember it happened – you were feeling happy then, so it’s all the same to your brain).
- First person view: Now let yourself feel happiness you felt then, let it enter every cell of your body and fill you in. Focus on the happiness you’re feeling, keep it for a few minutes. Continue to play the scenario, with all of your senses involved, and feel the deep, peaceful happiness that you can now clearly remember.
- Wrap it up. You have achieved the goal of your visualization, and you can let the image fade now. Slowly let go.
As we said, you should practice this visualization for as long as you need to be able to recall the feeling at will, or with minimal effort.
Navigation: Home > Visualization and the Law of Attraction > Being Happy Visualization