Sometimes we just need to shift our focus. Many times we think that the grass is greener on the other side – but if we look close enough we could discover that it’s enough to water our own grass to make it green again…
So now take a pause (before you move on to the next big thing) and let us remind you of some things you likely forget to be grateful for.
- You’re on the right path. Pursuing your dream, even if you haven’t reached it yet, means that you have a goal – so enjoy the journey!
- Everything is possible! You can live your life anyway you want. You have the opportunity to do what you want with it – appreciate it, because this really is something to be grateful for!
- You have the unique privilege of being you! This may seem like not a big deal (we all have moments..) but think about it: no one else in the world has that privilege. You are one of a kind, lucky enough to have something that makes you different than everyone else.
- You have your family. Yeah, there sure are moments when this doesn’t seem like such a great deal – but there are at least a few people in the world who meant something to you from the moment you were born, and who have a special place in their lives for you.
- Your current life situation. If you’re reading this then you’re in a much better situation than many people in the world – who can’t afford a computer (or tablet or…) and an Internet connection. You have a lot more than you appreciate 🙂
- Present moment. Right now. You have this moment. Smile, because you can. And remember to do that in your future present moments.
- You can help someone. Whenever you’re in a position to help others, you’re making an impact on someone else’s life! Appreciate those moments because they remind you of how much you have and how much you can do.
- You have someone to help you. Even in the most difficult situations remember that you’re not alone, that there are people who will gladly help you out – and ask them for help!
- Change. Don’t fear change – it’s an opportunity to grow and to learn new things. Find a few minutes to think about the positive effect that a change could have on your life – and be grateful for it.
- Good food. You aren’t hungry, are you? If you’ve never starved it’s easy to take the food for granted – but take a moment and appreciate the fact that you have food on your table every day.
- Moments with strangers. Have you had recently one of those moments when you saw something funny on the street, and the person next to you saw the same thing – and you laugh together, exchanging the looks like you were best friends? These are great moments, even though you’ll never see that person again. It just made you smile, right?
- The familiar places. The more familiar you become with a beautiful place, the less you notice how beautiful it is. So stop and remember the first day you entered your apartment, or that cute bench in the park you love to sit on.
- Inspiration. Inspiration is something to be really grateful for. The books, blogs, people, photographs… can inspire you to feel great, or to do great things. Give thanks for the ideas that came to you thanks to something or someone else.
- Smiles! How many smiles have you seen today without really noticing them? How many smiles have you given without feeling them? Stop doing fake and meaningless smiles, make each smile count! Be grateful that you’re able to share happiness with just one gesture!
- Looking forward to something. Be it a holiday, a visit from your favorite uncle, a new job (or quitting the old one), a date… you can instantly feel good right now because you know that something great is going to happen!